This year, Kevin and I chose Ada. Our card read:
"Ada likes detailed coloring books of flowers and nature, cookies, and crackers."
Here's what we put in her stocking:
- An intricate butterfly coloring book
- Pepperidge Farm cookies
- A pair of extra fluffy, extra cozy socks (you know, the kind that make you feel like you're in heaven)
- A variety of Burt's Bee lip balms
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream
- A copy of my new CD
Any group could contact a nursing home and arrange to do this: your office at work, your elementary school class, your Girl Scout Troup, Little League Team, PTO, even a group of friends or families in your neighborhood. Apparently, even your Motorcycle Club can get in the game. :)
Other ways you can help spread some joy at a nursing home this season:
- Get a group together to come sing carols
- Create cheery crafts and decorations
- Simply visit, chat, listen, play games...sometimes company is the best gift of all!