- I don't have to plan out our meals (which for reasons good or bad, I can't stand doing)
- Our grocery list is made for us (and when we stick to the list, we spend less at the store)
- We are constantly trying new, delicious meals (there are only a *small* handful of Scramble meals we haven't liked)
- Every single recipe has been so easy, that even I cannot mess it up (ok, that's four)
And every once in a while, there are dishes that are so easy and delicious I have to share them with everyone I know. Here's one that I can't stop raving about. So simple, so *quick*, so delicious! (I used regular black olives because Kevin's not a fan of the kalamata.) And the cucumber salad on the side just *makes* the meal.
Tilapia Topped with Warm Cherry Tomatoes
This dish takes about 10 minutes start to finish, but you would never know it from the beautiful presentation and delicious flavor. Tilapia is a great fish to use for weeknights, because it is inexpensive, earth friendly, and cooks quickly. Our kids also like its mild taste. Serve it with a loaf of whole grain bread and a Cucumber Salad.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. tilapia fillets (or use flounder, cod, or other thin white fish fillets)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 lemon, juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper, to taste (optional)
In the same skillet (without cleaning it) sauté the tomatoes, parsley, and olives for several minutes until the tomatoes are softened. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pour the sauce over the fish, top it with the Parmesan cheese (optional), and serve it immediately.
For picky eaters, serve the fish plain with sauce on the side or on just one bite of the fish.SERVE WITH CUCUMBER SALAD WITH HONEY AND FETA
To make the salad, toss two peeled, chopped, and seeded cucumbers with 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, 10 chopped fresh mint leaves, and 1 tsp. honey. Serve immediately or chill for up to one hour until ready to serve.