Starting tomorrow, I'll be away from internet access for a week (you'll miss me, I'll miss you, but it'll all work out I'm sure). So for today, I thought it would be appropriate to post my top 5 albums to travel with. (Now I'm not saying the top 5 greatest albums in existence...just 5 I like to have on a trip for various and sentimental reasons...there's a difference, of course.)
1. Beach Boys - 20 Good Vibrations, The Greatest Hits (Volume 1) Normally, I'd choose Pet Sounds, but what can I say? When I'm on the road, I just want the 20 greatest hits.
2. The Sky Is Crying I took this on a family road trip when I was a kid & listened to it for a week non-stop while I read the entire Chronicles of Narnia series. I still can't imagine the Dawn Treader without thinking of Stevie Ray...somehow it just works.
3. Sister Sweetly There's something about this album that I never get tired of. I could listen to it on repeat for days and my husband would want to pull his hair out but I would be just fine. Again, listened to this one through an entire book series on a family road trip in high school...this time The Chronicles of Amber. Cards, anyone? (Somewhere out there, my husband is sounding the "nerd alert.")
4. Ella and LouisCan you travel anywhere without Ella & Louis? I can't.
5. Give Up One of the newer additions to my traveling music. Fun & peppy in a hypnotic sort of way. Suits both the excitement and repetition of the open road.
I certainly hope that "The Sky is Crying" would make your top ten ever albums. It certainly would mine. Stevie Ray ROCKS!
I know. That album is *so* great!
Post a Comment