A year ago in November, I wrote my very first blog post, inviting all of you to Please Come Flying. I can't believe it has been a year already! I've met so many interesting and nice people, been in touch with old friends, and enjoyed myself thoroughly. So *thank you* for reading!
As I look forward to my second year of blogging, I have a question for you. I have a pretty open format, right? Books, music, and a little something extra each week...
What is it that you like to read about most at Please Come Flying?
You can be as specific as you want...list a particular post that you liked, or a general type of post (poetry, music, movies, recipes, etc.) I always write about things that interest me, so now I want to know what interests you. :) Is there anything that you'd like to see more (or less) of?
Things to look forward to in December & January:
- I'm going to reprise the Alternative Giving and Local Level series' that I did during the holiday season last year. If any of you have ideas for alternative gifts (things that move away from the traditional store-bought gift or things that "give back") or ideas about how to help on the local level during the holidays...please send me an email and I'll include it in my series (jcinfo *at* josephinecameron *dot* com).
- I'll pass on a few Best Of 2007 lists that I think are cool. (Hey, maybe we'll even create our own!)
- In January, I'll be focusing a bit on time management and the ever-present problem of how to keep balance in our lives.
Top 5 most-popular posts at Please Come Flying since day one:
- Alice Munro: The Bear Came Over the Mountain (688 views!)
- American Songs 2 Sneak Preview: Oh Susanna
- Lullaby: I See The Moon
- Ruby Bridges: Through My Eyes
- Goin Home: Antonin Dvorak & William Arms
*Thank you* to all of you for reading. *Thank you* for the comments. *Thank you* for the links. You're the best. Really.
I'd like to send a special thank you to the following people and blogs who have kindly reviewed my blog, spread the word, or otherwise helped out during this first year of Please Come Flying:
Kevin from Alert the Bear (sadly on hiatus right now, but you can still read the archives)
The other Kevin from Confessions of a Trophy Husband
Bill & Reba from Hatchet Cove Farm
Stefan from Zooglobble
Bill from Spare the Rock
Shipyard (the Capt'n Eli's Strawberry Pop people!)
Jules & Eisha from Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast
Amy from Red Fish Circle
Jewels in the Jungle
Here's to another 12 months!
please come flying
to the rapid rolling of thousands of small blue drums
descending out of the mackerel sky
over the glittering grandstand of harbor-water,
please come flying.