It's been an insanely busy couple weeks with school starting up, and the last thing I want to do is think about cooking. Just in case you're in the same boat, here's a super-easy, super-tasty pasta recipe that I like to fall back on. I think I saw it a few years ago on a show like Oprah or Rachel Ray. :)
What you need:
- Frozen ravioli or tortellini, or even better, fresh ravioli ready to be cooked
- Olive oil
- 1 pint baby tomatoes
- Basil (preferably fresh...one big handful, chopped)
- 1 chili pepper
- Pour 2-ish tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Chop up the chili pepper into tiny pieces and add it to the oil. (Use 1/2 of the pepper if you don't want it too zesty.)
- Cut each tomato in half and toss those in the pan. Turn the heat down to low.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions while the tomatoes simmer.
- A minute or two before the pasta's done, toss the chopped basil into the tomato mixture.
- Serve the tomato "sauce" on top of the pasta. Top with Parmesan if you like.
(Photo by DecciaBodden)